Ok so this ice cream is not dairy or egg free but it is still raw and is the BEST tasting ice cream ever!
During the school holidays Jannine and I enjoyed two evenings where each of the kids prepared a 3 course meals, including a drink. They also cleaned up after themselves! My daughter decided she wanted to make ice cream for dessert – chocolate chip. Wow what a dessert. So if you love ice cream I guarantee you will love this one.
- 4 large organic eggs separated
- 1 cup sweetener*
- 1 litre pure organic cream**
- 3/4 cup of grated organic raw chocolate
- Beat cream until thick, the consistency that would be used to for cake filling.
- Beat the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Beat egg yolks and sweetener until mixture is a yellow colour. Depending on the sweetener used depends on the yellow colour – this can range from pale to a golden yellow.
- Slowly fold in one third of the cream into the yolk/sweetener mixture. Followed by one third of the egg white mixture.
- Repeat folding in another third of cream into the yolk/sweetener mixture then a third of the egg white mixture.
- Repeat folding the last third of cream into the yolk/sweetener mixture then the last third of the egg white mixture.
- Gently fold in grated chocolate.
- Pour into container and place in freezer until set.
- To serve scoop ice cream into bowls and with sprinkled grated organic raw chocolate.
The secret in light ice cream is in the folding. Gently and not over folded. Oh and of course ‘love’ my daughter always puts love into each dessert she makes.
* When I first learnt to make ice cream the sweetener used was icing sugar. Now days I use either maple syrup, honey or coconut sugar.
** 1 litre of cream will make 2 litres of ice cream
In good health, Vicki