This is a lovely salad which I find great in the cooler months. As you can see in the picture I also had some lightly steamed green beans which where sprinkled with celtic sea salt and spicy cashew nuts. In the winter time, particularly in the evenings having the crunchy, crisp lettuce salads can make me feel cold. Having raw veggies, mixed with a sauce such as this one and then letting the ‘salad’ sit for about 10mins allows the veggies to soften due to the sauce and the texture is that of stir fry veg.
- 1 yellow capsicum, finely sliced
- 1 zucchini, julienned
- 2 – 3 spinach leaves, finally sliced
- 1 cob of corn
- 2 Tbs hemp seeds
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2 inch leak, chopped
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 Tbs tamari
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- 2 Tbs sesame oil
- 1/8 – 1/4 cup filtered water
- Remove corn from cob and place all salad ingredients into a large bowl
- Add all sauce ingredients to a high speed blender, I use a Vitamix, and blend until smooth. Add more water if required.
- Pour sauce onto veggies and mix well.
- Let stand for about 10mins until veggies have wilted slightly.
In good health, Vicki