It’s winter time in the southern hemisphere and so the fire is burning and it’s time to enjoy warming drinks. I love the spices used at this time of year – cinnamon, nutmeg, mixed spice and ground ginger. All these spices are warming and for me, feel like a snuggly blanket that has been wrapped around me. As it was my birthday this week I was looking at spoiling myself (who isn’t in their birthday week) so decided to have strawberries dipped in Raw Cinnamon Chocolate Sauce with my almond milk. What a way to celebrate.
- 1 cup of almonds (soaked for 12 hours)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp mixed spices
- 1 Tbs maple syrup (or your choice of sweetener)
- 3 cups of filtered water
- Drain and rinse almonds then put in a high speed blender, I use the Vitamix.
- Add remaining ingredients to blender
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds
- Pour content into a nut milk bag that has lined a bowl. Squeeze out the milk.
- Pour the milk into either a sauce pan or back into the blender and warm milk.
- Pour into a special glass and enjoy. I sat in front of the fire and savoured the spicy creaminess. Pure heaven.
The leftover nut pulp can either by dried in a dehydrator or on a very low setting in the oven to make almond meal or it can be left moist and sprinkled over your breakfast.
In good health, Vicki