As Spring is round the corner it’s now time to start cleansing the body and eating lighter food. I decided for breakfast this morning to have a green smoothie as they are a great way of getting the dark green leafy veg into your body easily and they can be quite filling when nut butters and/or chia seeds are added to them. As this green smoothie ended up being quite thick I decided to have it as a breakfast ‘soup’ instead of in a glass. I think it worked pretty well and was so lovely sitting quietly in the lounge room looking out on the misty morning.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked over night
- 2 cups of water
- 2 cups of kale, Tuscan Cabbage variety
- 1 red pear
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds
- 2 Tbsp almond butter
- Drain cashews and put them in a high speed blender, I use a Vitamix, with the water and blend until smoothie.
- De-stem the kale and add the leaves to the cashew milk and blend again.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth
- Pour into a bowl and enjoy.
Note: If you would like a thinner version, before adding the kale leaves pour the cashew milk into a nut milk bag and squeeze out all the liquid so the pulp remains in the bag. Pour the cashew milk back into the blender then add the kale leaves.
This can serve two people.
In good health, Vicki